We are planning a long weekend hospitality event in Méribel during February 2022 for employees of PMI as well as selected existing clients, assuming the COVID pandemic is contained. This is a fully expensed event.
We have been working relentlessly hard to deliver world-class market intelligence and research services to a global client base. We would like to celebrate our recent success and show appreciation to our clients. We also recognise that the COVID pandemic has restricted the movement of people for a prolonged period and we would also like to celebrate the re-opening of the global economy and the containment of the Coronavirus (hopefully).
Méribel, located in the heart of Les Trois Vallées Ski Resort.
The anticipated accommodation is the Hotel & Spa Merilys which is a top-rated hotel featuring ski-to-door access. This property offers a lounge area with a fireplace and a games room. Rooms are equipped with a desk, a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom as well as a balcony with mountain views. A breakfast buffet is included and can be served in the guest rooms upon request. The onsite bar is open all day and is set in the lounge area with the fireplace. The hotel also has an on-site restaurant with grilled specialties. The hotel also features a sauna, fitness room, hammam and outdoor hot tub. Massages are available for a surcharge upon reservation.
We are willing to organise flights from all locations. Whether you are based in the United States, China, Japan, Germany or the UK, we will seek to arrange suitable flight schedules.
Adherence to global bribery laws
Bona fide hospitality which seeks to improve the image of a commercial organisation, better to present products and services, or establish cordial relations, is recognised as an established and important part of doing business. This event is categorised under the “hospitality” or “entertaining” definitions which are legal activities internationally. We have taken a number of steps to ensure that this event is compliant with international bribery laws, including:
- Bonafide and for the right reason: hospitality is offered clearly as an act of appreciation to existing clients only.
- No obligation: this hospitality event does not create any obligation or expectation on the recipient.
- No undue influence: the expenditure will not be seen as intended for, or capable of, achieving undue influence in relation to a business transaction.
- Made openly and documented: the hospitality event is not performed in secret and all expenses will be fully documented including purpose, approvals given and value.
- Legality: the event is compliant with relevant laws.
- Proportionate: the value and nature of the expenditure will not be disproportionate to the occasion.
- Conforms to the recipient’s rules: we will endeavour to ensure that this event will meet the rules or code of conduct of the recipient’s organisation.
- Infrequent: events such as this are not overly frequent.
This event will comply with the following international bribery laws:
- Of the United Kingdom, the Bribery Act 2010
- Of the United States, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 (FCPA)
- Of the European Union, the 2003 Framework Decision on combating corruption in the private sector
- Of China, PCR Criminal Law
- Of Japan, the Penal Code (Act No 45 of 1907) and the Unfair Competition Prevention Act (Act No 47 of 1993)
- For details on other countries and jurisdictions please contact us